Grenada’s strategic advantages appeal equally to new and established companies, entrepreneurs, and innovators. Grenada’s location in the southeastern U.S., low cost of doing business, excellent educational programs, and well trained and seasoned workforce are some of the reasons that companies in Grenada continue to grow and prosper.
Companies in Grenada count, with a professional economic development office dedicated to help them facilitate growth and future expansions. From site selection to permitting to workforce recruitment and training, the Grenada County Economic Development District will shepherd your project through the process and facilitate your relocation to and/or expansion in our community.
Click here to download the Prospect Information Booklet
Grenada Target Industries
- Automotive / Learn More
- Plastic Products Manufacturing / Learn More
- Aviation & Aerospace / Learn More
- Food Processing / Learn More
Grenada’s Strategic Advantages
- Manufacturing – Central location, low operating costs, market access, and highly skilled workforceworkforce.
- Market Access – Interstate access, access to five Class 1rail lines from Grenada Railroad short line, 7,000-foot runway at Grenada Municipal Airport that can handle larges jets.
- Workforce – Dependable workforce with good work ethic at reasonable wages. More than 25% employment in Grenada County is in manufacturing.
- Employee Recruitment – Community amenities, including recreation, University of Mississippi regional Medical Center, top quality schools, desirable and safe neighborhoods, quick access to major metropolitan areas, anda relaxed lfestyle make it easy to attract talent.
- Electricity – Competitively priced electric power served by TVA and Entergy.
- Industrial Property – New industrial parks with all utilities in place.
- Training – Technical skill development at Holmes Community College, in partnership with industrial employers.
- Incentives – The city and county offer creative incentive packages to help you with relocation and expansion are eager to approve aggressive incentive packages.
Economic Development District Services:
1. Site location assistance
2. Assistance obtaining incentives, grants, and support from local and state sources
3. Partnership with the Mississippi Development Authority
4. Workforce recruitment
5. Pre-employment and post-employment training
6. Expedited permitting
7. Demographic and labor information
8. Partnership with local utility companies
9. Export development support
10. Manufacturing training
For more information please visit our Data Center or contact us directly at (662) 229-9502 or at email@example.com.