A strong health care system is necessary for the protection and care of citizens as well as an essential building block for economic development. Grenada's healthcare system includes the University of Mississippi Medical Center Grenada and various clinics.
- University of Mississippi Medical Center Grenada is a 156 bed, state-owned health care facility. UMMC Grenada includes all hospital services and clinics in its Mission, Vision, and Values. UMMC's mission is to be dedicated to improving the quality of life for the people it serves. In all circumstances, it is a common goal to provide patient care with compassion and respect.
- UMMC Grenada is a comprehensive healthcare system with resources for providing world-class, high quality health care services to residents of Grenada and North Central Mississippi. Patient services at UMMC Grenada occur through organized and systematic processes designed to ensure the delivery of safe, effective,and timely treatment. Patient care ecnompasses the recognition of health, as well as disease and patient teaching, and patient recovery. The medical stsaff, registered nurses, and allied helath professionals function collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- UMMC Grenada's physician specialities include anesthesiology, cardiology, critical care, emergency care, family medicine, general surgery, gynecology, infectious disease, internal medicine, nephrology and dialysis, neurology, obstetrics, orthopedics, pediatrics, radiology, transplant, urology, wound care and hyperbaric medicine, and numerous additional areas of medical specialization.
- UMMC Grenada offers state-of-the-art telemedicine services, which bring sub-specialty level care from the main UMMC facility in Jackson, Mississippi, via secure video connections. Specialties currently offered via tele-heath include allergy and immunology, dermatology, Mind Center (Alzheimer's/dementia), pediatric specialties, psychiatry, pulmonology, radiology, and transplant consultations.
- UMMC Grenada offers the following patient services: acute care, ambulance, ambulatory care, anesthesia, cardiac cath lab, case managment, central sterile processing, clinical equipment, critical care, dialysis, dietary, emergency care, environmental services, home health, labor and delivery, laboratory, neurodiagnostics, nuclear medicine, nursery, nursing services, obstetrics and gynecology, occupational therapy, pathology, pediatrics, pharmacy, physical therapy, primary care (rural health), senior psychiatric care, specialty clinics, speech therapy, radiology, respiratory care, sleep lab, wellenss (fitness) center, and wound care.
- UMMC Grenada invests in new, innovative equipment and technology in order to provide the best quality of care possible. UMMC Grenada has a new Women's Mammography Suite in the Grenada Medical Complex. UMMC also has moved to a new electronic health record technology that is in the top of its class and will allow a seamless transition of information and care between healthcare providers as well as offering patients the convenience of direct access to their results and other health information.