Located among the beautiful hills of North Mississippi, Grenada is located at the center of the state’s most important transportation corridor, midway between Memphis, Tennessee, and Jackson, Mississippi, along Interstate 55. With a labor availability of more than 146,000 within a 50-mile radius and 25% employment in manufacturing, Grenada continues to attract companies looking to take advantage of a highly qualified workforce, a strategic location in the Southeast, and a low cost of operations.
Grenada’s award winning schools, regional university medical center, and top-notch golf courses, along with its many recreational parks, continue to attract families to our area. Grenada's elementary school has been ranked as the nation's top rural elementary school by Newsweek Magazine. Grenada also is home to the largest lake in Mississippi, attracting more than 2 million visitors annually.
Grenada’s rich manufacturing history over the decades has resulted in a highly-skilled workforce and a community business culture that supports private industry.
- Rich history of entrepreneurialism and manufacturing excellence
- A community that will embrace its businesses and support their growth and success
- Community values that positively impact performance in the workplace
- Openness to innovation, new people, and new ideas
- Recently finalized development of a new 250-acre industrial park adjacent to rail, interstate, and municipal airport
- Raised $1.6 million to build state-of-the-art Workforce Training Complex at Holmes Community College
- Invested in education, resulting in award-winning elementary and middle schools
- Led multi-county effort that saved long-term rail service through north central Mississippi
- Homegrown companies to global companies, with many owner-operators and budding entrepreneurs
- More than 25% employment in manufacturing and a labor force of more than 146,000 within a 50-mile radius
- Talented workforce with transferable skills
- Strong partnership with Holmes Community College Tech Center to develop skills for the next innovations in manufacturing
Transportation Corridor in Central Mississippi
- Interstate 55 directly connects you to all major U.S. markets
- Short line rail connects to all Class 1 rail lines in the U.S.
- Grenada Municipal Airport, with ILS and 7,000 foot runway, can handle all sizes of jet, freight, and passenger planes.
- Within driving distance to Port of Rosedale in the lower Mississippi River
For more detail information visit our Demographics Library.